View the schedule pdf
How to get to Atlanta:
- Traveling to Atlanta by plane is made easy as the Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport is an important domestic hub, as well as internationally.
- For domestic travelers, Delta's main hub is Atlanta, so this will be a common option, yet many other airlines such as united and us airways will be commonly the lowest fairs.
- For International travelers, the list of carriers is large, yet connecting through other international hubs like new york or dallas fort worth is common.
- To see a list of carriers for the Atlanta airport click here
How to get from the Airport to Downtown:
- At the airport, follow the signs to MARTA, which is the Atlanta Subway. You'll see the signs after arriving at the baggage claim area.
- In the Airport MARTA station, board any northbound train
- Disembark at the *Midtown Station (1255 West Peachstree St.) (closest to the Historic Academy of Medicine)
- Head West along 10th Street towards the next street which is West Peachtree Street
- Turn left and walk south 3 blocks along west Peachtree Street until you reach 875 West Peachtree St.
*In some cases the North Avenue Stop (713 West Peachstree St.) will be closer to other Hotels proximal to the Historic Academy of Medicine
Also note there is a freely available Georgia Tech Trolley that is available which runs from Georgia Tech's Campus to the Midtown Marta station. Trolley Map to Campus.
How to use MARTA to get to the Historic Academy of Medicine:
- The easiest way to reach Tech is the MARTA (www.itsmarta.com), which brings you easily to within a few blocks from campus (~$2.50), though a Taxi is a reasonable option as well (~$35).
- The last gold train leaving from the airport is 1:12am.
Below is a map of how you could reach the venue.
Other information about the venue is as shown below.
Please visit the ICAD 2012 Google Map to view the above map interactively. For more information regarding the conference hotels, visit the Accomodations page.
Please visit http://www.atlanta.net/ for the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau Atlanta website
The weather in the week of ICAD 2012 will be humid and around 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and around 70 in the nighttime, with little chance of rain, and if so, brief and light showers. Click here to see averages for the month of June.